Supreme Court has put forward an order regarding the deadline for linking mobile numbers to AADHAR. The previous deadline of 6th February now got extended to 31st March 2018 according to the new rule. It is compulsory for every citizen to link their mobile numbers with AADHAR to continue using the services. Whether AADHAR card got used as a means for verification at the time of obtaining the connection or not, it is mandatory for the customers to do the eKYC audit again before 31st March 2018.
Department of Telecommunications has put forward these orders, and the Supreme Court has complied. And every citizen has to do the re-verification process.
- 1 Let’s take a look at the various steps of re-verification:-
- 2 Steps to follow for offline Re-verification process:-
- 3 Steps to follow for re-verification via OTP:-
- 4 Via IVRS method
- 5 Update the Mobile Number Linked to your Aadhar Account
- 6 For NRI’s, senior citizens and physically disabled people who did not get registered in UIDAI:
- 7 Related
Let’s take a look at the various steps of re-verification:-
- The method supports English, Hindi, and many other regional languages.
- Dial 14546 from your mobile.
- Select the particular option (Indian/NRI).
- Press 1 to give consent to link AADHAR with the mobile number.
- Provide your AADHAR number and press 1 to confirm.
- Provide the phone number.
- Accept consent for it to fetch your information such as your name, photo and birth date.
- IVR will mention the last four digits of your number.
- You can enter the OTP you received via SMS if the last four digits mentioned by IVR is correct.
- Press 1 to complete the re-verification process.
- Press 2 if you want to link another phone number.
Steps to follow for offline Re-verification process:-
- Go to retail store od respective telecom operator.
- Hand over AADHAR details to the executive and link your phone number with AADHAR.
Please note: Carrying the AADHAR card with you to the store is necessary for this process as it will complete only after a fingerprint scan.
Steps to follow for re-verification via OTP:-
- Send 12 digit Aadhar number through an SMS to UID recipient number.
- Enter the received OTP (OTP will get sent to registered mobile number) manually for authentication.
Via IVRS method
- Dial the toll-free number 14546.
- Provide your 12 digit Aadhar number.
- Enter the received OTP manually for authentication.
Update the Mobile Number Linked to your Aadhar Account
It can be done online as an OTP verification is required. To do this go to nearest verification centre. Then submit all the relevant documents the mobile bill with address, name, etc. Once the new number gets linked, you will receive an SMS saying that the process is complete.
For NRI’s, senior citizens and physically disabled people who did not get registered in UIDAI:
The Department of Telecommunication provided a way for NRI’s, senior citizens and physically unable people who have not yet registered in UIDAI to verify their mobile numbers online. The steps are as follows:-
- Go to telecom operator’s official website.
- Fill up the required form and also upload copies of necessary documents. You will also have to upload AADHAR details of a “Trusted person”. This person will verify the User’s identity.
- Submit the form.
Please Note: One person can be a trusted person for a maximum of five people. And the deadline for all of this 31st March 2018.
So that is all we have to say for now regarding AADHAR- Mobile Number linking. Please write your questions in the comments section below, and we will respond to you as soon as possible. Please do like and share our post. Also, subscribe to our site for more updates in the future. Thank You!!!