All you want to know about the BHIM App: Bharat Interface for money app was launched by our honorable PM Narendra Modi on 30 Dec. Launching of this app is initiative to boost the digital payments in India and to enable fast, secure and reliable cashless payments through mobile phones. This app is developed by National payment corporation of India (NPCI) and inter-operable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI). An android based app is already available on the Google Play Store, the iOs version for this app will be launched soon.
What is the main Motive of the BHIM app, reviews:
One of the most important motive of this app is to make transactions through the mobile phones as you primary devices. UPI allows you to make payments through the creation of a ‘virtual payment address‘ that is an alias for your bank account. Your mobile phone can be simply connected as your Payment Address(PA) and starts transactions.
The other functions of BHIM are:
- Check Balance:- The user can easily check the balance by using simple clicks.
- Custom Payment Address:- The user can create a custom payment address instead of their phone numbers.
- QR Code:- It is a fastest method for entry of Payment addresses and fastest transaction speed. Merchant can easily scan the QR Code to pay or receive money. (BHIM app)
- Transactions Limits:- Within 24 hours a maximum limit not exceeding 10000 per transaction and 20000 in a day.
- Language Supported:- Now BHIM support only Hindi and English, more language will be added soon.
- Charges:- For the uses of this BHIM app No charges is applicable.
How does a BHIM work:
First of all you have to download the BHIM app from the Google play store. Once you have downloaded and installed the app, you have to registered to it, for that open it-
- First it will ask to enter the mobile number & ask permission to send sms to the UPI.
- Next Enter your mobile number and tap on OK, the app will automatically fetches the account linked to mobile number. (Note: Please keep in mind to use that mobile number which you have registered with your bank account)
- In the next step, it will ask to register your password, here you have to enter a 4 digit password. (Please Do not share this password to anybody)
- Once the password is setup, you will ask to select your default bank account which will use for transactions.
- After you select your bank account, it will automatically get the account number & IFSC code details by just using your mobile number.
- After that simply “Tap on the account number” to link your bank account to Bhim UPI Payments app.
- Next step is to verify the account either by Debit card or Credit card expiry dates.
- Once all the setting up has finished, you are ready to accepts payment and pay transactions using the UPI Interfaced by BHIM.
- State Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axix Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Central Bank of India
- DCB Bank
- Dena Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharastra
- Canara Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjub National Bank
- RBL Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank, etc.
Our’s views on BHIM app:
BHIM app is working fine with all the latest android versions like Kitkat , Lolipop, Marshmallow and even with Nougat update. The iOS version will be available shortly.
In our views, it is a good step by the Government of India by making it easier to use Digital currency for payments. The release of UPI would be bitter for mobile wallets because due to UPI being an open payments platform, where money can directly be transferred from one bank account to the another without any switching charges. Bank-to-bank transfer makes the system more widely accepted, as opposed to the pain of tying up from merchant to merchant. (BHIM app)