Linking Aadhaar with the mobile number has been such a tiresome work lately. If you have not connected your number with Aadhaar until now, don’t worry we have good news for you. The Supreme Court of India has extended the Aadhaar linking to 31st March 2018. To make the linking easy, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has issued a new method for the benefits of the people. It is known as IVRS (Interactive Voice Response). For those who didn’t link your Aadhaar, you can connect it with this method with the help of OTP.
Recently, on Twitter, UIDAI, the issuer of 12 digit Aadhaar number, issued how to generate the OTP with the help of the service provider’s website or the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services to link your mobile number with Aadhaar. This process is known as the Re-Verification of Aadhaar. With the order of the Telecommunications Department, the above process is conducted.
Previously, each customer has to visit the nearest store to link the two number, but now with the help of UIDAI, it becomes easier for the people to connect their Aadhaar number with mobile by just dialling number 14546 from their home only. Let me describe the process step by step.
COMPLETE STEPS TO LINK AADHAAR WITH YOUR MOBILE NUMBER
The process is simple. It doesn’t matter what telecom operator you are using just dial the toll-free number 14546 and follow the steps below-
- Call 14546.
- The IVR system will want to confirm whether you are an Indian or not, press one (1) if you are an Indian.
- Now choose your desired language (English, Hindi, or other regional languages).
- Now they will ask you to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number. Enter it.
- Press 1 to confirm the number.
- The telecom operator will send the Aadhaar number to UIDAI for verification.
- UIDAI will now send an OTP to your registered number.
- Now enter your mobile number.
- Now you will be asked to give consent to the operator to collect your photo, name and date of birth from UIDAI database.
- The IVR system for the last time will repeat the last four digits of your number to verify.
- Enter the OTP you got via SMS.
- That’s all, after this, you will receive a confirmation message like below “Your aadhaar re-verification request has been completed. You will receive an SMS asking for your confirmation after 26 hours.”
- To complete the re-verification process press 1.
- If you want to link another mobile number with Aadhaar, press 2 and again follow the above steps.
So that is all we have to say for now regarding AADHAAR linking with mobile number option. Please write your questions in the comments section, and we will respond to you as soon as possible. Please do like and share our post. Also, subscribe to our site for more updates in the future. Thank You!!!